Taking care of water damage can be both nerve-wracking and stressful. Sometimes, one of the biggest challenges is getting the insurance paperwork processed properly to ensure a timely reimbursement from your insurance company.
Restoration Solutions can help you eliminate that undue stress. Being a full-service restoration company, we believe in assisting our customers through every step of the process. That includes assisting with insurance claims for your home or business in the Dallas-Fort Worth, TX area. If the forms are not completed the right way, you stand a chance of not receiving the full amount you need from your insurance company to cover your restoration and repair costs.
Steps We Follow to Complete Your Claim
Filing an insurance claim for water damage is a complicated process that includes inspections, documentation, and estimation. Some of the steps we take and advise you to follow when filing an insurance claim include:
- Review your insurance policy for inclusions
- Contact your insurance company ASAP once damages occur
- Document the items that were damaged by taking pictures and making a list
- Dry out the area to help reduce the amount of damage and secure valuables
- Wait for your insurance adjuster to assess the damage
- Negotiate an amount needed for the repair of your home
- Leave the repairs and claims processing to Restoration Solutions
Be sure to take the required steps in their proper order. Don't start any repairs until your adjuster has seen the damage and given you an estimate. If you start repairs and restoration before your claim is approved, you may find yourself shouldering some of the costs of these repairs.