Fire can destroy homes and lives. It can also wreak havoc on the health of those exposed to it because the fumes coming from the fire are toxic. The effects can be instantaneous or can be felt in the distant future. The latter is often observed with first responders.
If you have recently experienced a fire, you should keep your loved ones away from harm. With that said, you should never attempt to clean fire damage yourself. Hiring a professional fire and smoke damage restoration company is the best option. They will prevent further damage without exposing you and your loved ones to toxic fumes.
If you are tempted to clean the damage yourself, you have come to the right place. This blog will enumerate the dangers of cleaning fire damage yourself.
As the fire rages, there is the presence of carbon monoxide. This gas is odorless and poisonous. If inhaled, it can cause headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and even death. If you have recently experienced a fire, it will be best to keep everyone away from the site.
In addition to being odorless, carbon monoxide is also colorless. You cannot smell or see this gas, but it is present in the smoke from the fire. If you clean the debris from the fire, you will be breathing in the gas, which could potentially cause your death.
You may be tempted to clean the damage yourself because you have the necessary tools. However, devices have their limitations and are not effective in all cases. It is why you should leave the cleaning fire damage to the professionals. They have the right equipment and the knowledge to handle fire-damaged homes without exposing you to harm.
Carbon monoxide is not the only hazard when cleaning fire damage yourself. The smoke from the fire contains hydrogen cyanide, another poisonous gas, which is more toxic than the former.
The harm brought by hydrogen cyanide is not felt immediately. It can take years before the symptoms surface. You may have no idea you are getting sick because the symptoms are not apparent, like carbon monoxide.
Hydrogen cyanide is colorless, odorless, and tasteless. Like carbon monoxide, it can cause headaches, dizziness, and nausea. Fire debris contains hydrogen cyanide. Animals, especially dogs, can also be affected.
The fire may have released the acid gases created when the fire destroyed synthetic items in your home. If you attempt to clean the debris yourself, you will be exposed to the gases. You can get severe respiratory problems and even cancer.
If you have a fire-damaged home, hire a fire and smoke damage restoration professional. They have the right tools, training, and expertise to handle fire and smoke damage clean-up. If you attempt to clean the damage yourself, you will be putting your health at risk.
As explained, there are fumes and gases from fire that you do not want to inhale. These can immediately make you sick and even kill you. Even if you do not notice the symptoms right away, they will eventually appear.
There are fumes and gases from the fire that you do not want to inhale. These can immediately make you sick and even kill you. Even if you do not notice the symptoms right away, they will eventually appear.
Do the right thing when cleaning fire damage. You should call Restoration Solutions because we can clean up the mess without exposing your or your loved ones to these toxic fumes, so call us now!